UFC Fighter Randy Couture Shooting 'Set Up'
UFC fighter Randy Couture has signed on to co-star in Set Up, the heist action movie starring Bruce Willis and Ryan Phillippe.
The movie, which counts Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson and Jenna Dewan Tatum among the cast, centers on small time crooks and revenge, and is shooting in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Mike Gunther is directing from a script he co-wrote with Mike Behrman.
Couture will play an enforcer who works for a local crime lord (Willis) tasked to oversee Jackson on an assignment.
Gersh-repped Couture was last seen in The Expendables for Lionsgate and will be reprising his role as Toll Road in The Expendables 2. Couture also co-starred in David Mamet’s Red Belt for Sony Classics and played a recurring character on CBS’ The Unit.
Set Up is the first from a recently announced $200 million fund on which Jackson and Randall Emmett's Cheetah Vision banner is teaming with George Furla's Hedge Fund Film Partners. Cheetah has an output deal with Grindstone Entertainment/Lionsgate.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?