Zach Galifianakis to Join Ryan Reynolds in Universal's 'R.I.P.D.'
The actor has been circling the supernatural action comedy about a ghost-busting police force since the fall.
Zach Galifianakis is finally ready to join the dead.
The comedian has been circling R.I.P.D., Universal's supernatural action comedy about a ghost-busting police force, since the fall.
This week, the actor took a step toward the light, entering substantive talks to star opposite Ryan Reynolds in the movie, being directed by Robert Schwentke.
The project is based on the Dark Horse comic, and Dark Horse Entertainment's Mike Richardson is producing with Neal Moritz and David Dobkin.
R.I.P.D. follows a murdered cop (Reynolds) who is recruited to work in the Rest in Peace Department, a police force comprised of ghosts who battle spirits unready to depart this world.
If a deal is made, Galifianakis will play Reynolds' partner, a wise-cracking officer who's been hunting spirits since the 1800s.
CAA-repped Galifianakis next stars in The Hangover Part 2, which opens May 26.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)