A Top 13 for 'American Idol' Season 10?
A source tells THR's 'Idol Worship' three contestants will be chosen by the judges to join the 10 highest vote-getters.
It looks like this year's American Idol finalists will number 13.
An Idol insider tells The Hollywood Reporter that following the elimination of seven guys and seven girls from the Top 24 (airing Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of this week), a wild card round will determine three additional finalists, to be chosen by each of the judges, Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler.
A Fox rep would not comment, and the only information the network released thus far is by way of an January announcement which stated: "The semifinalists compete on Tuesday, March 1 and Wednesday, March 2. The five male and five female contestants with the most votes will be the first to join this season’s finalists. The judges’ will also make their special Wild Card picks rounding out the finalists on Thursday, March 3."
Of course, as in all things Idol, the countdown to the finale could play out in any number of ways. In past years, the show has employed double eliminations and saves, and as any dedicated viewer knows, the Idol rulebook is always subject to change. Worth noting: Season 8, which introduced the world to Adam Lambert, also featured a Top 13. We'll find out soon enough...
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack