A Top 13 for 'American Idol' Season 10?
A source tells THR's 'Idol Worship' three contestants will be chosen by the judges to join the 10 highest vote-getters.
It looks like this year's American Idol finalists will number 13.
An Idol insider tells The Hollywood Reporter that following the elimination of seven guys and seven girls from the Top 24 (airing Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of this week), a wild card round will determine three additional finalists, to be chosen by each of the judges, Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler.
A Fox rep would not comment, and the only information the network released thus far is by way of an January announcement which stated: "The semifinalists compete on Tuesday, March 1 and Wednesday, March 2. The five male and five female contestants with the most votes will be the first to join this season’s finalists. The judges’ will also make their special Wild Card picks rounding out the finalists on Thursday, March 3."
Of course, as in all things Idol, the countdown to the finale could play out in any number of ways. In past years, the show has employed double eliminations and saves, and as any dedicated viewer knows, the Idol rulebook is always subject to change. Worth noting: Season 8, which introduced the world to Adam Lambert, also featured a Top 13. We'll find out soon enough...
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet
- Evangeline Lilly Gets Candid About Lost, Writing, and Comic-Book Breasts