EXCLUSIVE: 'American Idol' Alum Casey James to Open for Sugarland
The Season 9 favorite will hit the road with the country chart-toppers in advance of his BNA Records debut, due out later this year.
American Idol alum Casey James is hitting the road with Sugarland. The fan favorite from Season 9, whose debut album is due out later this year on BNA Records, will open for the country chart toppers on eight dates in March, joining in mostly secondary markets as he gets his arena legs wet.“I am so excited,” says James in a statement released to THR’s Idol Worship. “I think it’s an awesome opportunity to play in front of people that love great music. I can’t wait to get back out there and share new music with the fans.” James is currently in a Nashville studio working on songs for his debut. He relocated to Music City from Texas shortly after being eliminated from Idol, where he came in third and was beloved for his blues guitar chops, easygoing nature and flaxen good looks. Sugarland had one of the highest grossing tours of 2010 and is poised for another sell-out this year. Tickets for their Bloomington, Indiana show at U.S. Cellular Coliseum sold out in minutes. Dates featuring James as the opener are listed below. 3/4 North Little Rock, AR 3/5 Tulsa, OK 3/10 Greenville, SC 3/11 North Charleston, SC 3/12 Jacksonville, FL 3/17 Grand Rapids, MI 3/18 Bloomington, IL 3/19 Sioux City, IA
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR