'American Idol' Denies Season 9 Contestant Is Homeless
Alex Lambert is still on retainer and looking for a new apartment, says a 19 Entertainment spokesperson.
A Twitter rant by American Idol Season 9 semifinalist Alex Lambert had the blogosphere abuzz on Tuesday with reports that he was homeless, but a rep for the singer, who was given a second shot at fame via the 2010 web series If I Can Dream, insists all is well in Lambert's world and that he has plenty of money to live on.
"Alex is not homeless," says a spokesperson for 19 Entertainment. "He's been crashing on friends' couches while looking for an apartment, but he's getting a retainer and working on [new music] demos."
19 signed Lambert to a development deal shortly after his Idol elimination. The company is currently sifting through songs submitted specifically for Lambert.
Among Lambert's tweets was one which described the 20-year-old Texas native as sleeping on the street and behind buildings. "I have a choice to stay and persue [sic] my career or go back to texas and not do music!," Lambert wrote. "I'm usually a strong person but I can't take it anymore."
According to his rep, Lambert's rant can be attributed to a "bad day." Indeed, on Tuesday, Lambert tweeted, "I regret postin all that! Everything'll be fine!"
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!