'American Idol' Denies Season 9 Contestant Is Homeless
Alex Lambert is still on retainer and looking for a new apartment, says a 19 Entertainment spokesperson.
A Twitter rant by American Idol Season 9 semifinalist Alex Lambert had the blogosphere abuzz on Tuesday with reports that he was homeless, but a rep for the singer, who was given a second shot at fame via the 2010 web series If I Can Dream, insists all is well in Lambert's world and that he has plenty of money to live on.
"Alex is not homeless," says a spokesperson for 19 Entertainment. "He's been crashing on friends' couches while looking for an apartment, but he's getting a retainer and working on [new music] demos."
19 signed Lambert to a development deal shortly after his Idol elimination. The company is currently sifting through songs submitted specifically for Lambert.
Among Lambert's tweets was one which described the 20-year-old Texas native as sleeping on the street and behind buildings. "I have a choice to stay and persue [sic] my career or go back to texas and not do music!," Lambert wrote. "I'm usually a strong person but I can't take it anymore."
According to his rep, Lambert's rant can be attributed to a "bad day." Indeed, on Tuesday, Lambert tweeted, "I regret postin all that! Everything'll be fine!"
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Frank Ocean Just Released A New Song Called 'Memrise'
- Patti Smith's 'O Holy Night' Performed At 2013 Vatican Christmas Concert Is The Only Carol You Need
- Binge Watch Your Home Decorating Angst Away With These Thanksgiving TV Marathons
- Celebrities Instagram Their Thanksgiving Meals Just As Much As You Do
- Leslie Bibb Gets Dolled Up for 'Take Care' New York Screening with Thomas Sadoski!
- Prince William & Duchess Kate Are Huge 'Homeland' Fans, Says Damian Lewis
- Dwayne Johnson Starts Filming New HBO Comedy 'Ballers'!
- Eddie Redmayne Gets Interviewed by BFF Andrew Garfield for 'Gotham' Magazine Cover Story