'American Idol' Season 10: Katharine McPhee's Mom is a Vocal Coach
'Idol' exec producer Nigel Lythgoe reveals that the season 5 runner-up's mother Peisha is coaching this year's contestants.
A conference call with American Idol executive producer Nigel Lythgoe revealed that Peisha McPhee, mother to season 5's Katharine McPhee, is one of several vocal coaches working with this year's contestants. "She's on the show, and very, very talented," said Lythgoe.
Katharine McPhee, a native of Sherman Oaks, Calif., has often credited her mom with teaching her music's great standards. "I grew up with the American songbook," she said in a 2010 interview. "I know them so well because my mom was always singing those songs. If you look back to [my] season of Idol, I excelled in that area because the songs were so ingrained in me."
To that end, Season 10 hopefuls who wind up with McPhee as their coach should feel fortunate. Peisha McPhee trained her own daughter, who eventually made it to second place on Idol in 2006.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR