David Archuleta Explains Break From Jive, Management Company (Video)
Former American Idol contestant David Archuleta has gone on record about his split from Jive records and his management company.
With a banana tree as background, the Season 7 runner-up told fans via a video on his theofficialarchuleta YouTube channel that he was pondering the direction he's going as an artist, and that he's been writing to see "what sound comes from my head."
Archuleta emphasized his relationship with fans throughout the nearly eight-minute video blog, and said that he's "changing as an artist" at the same time that Jive is "changing as a company."
Jive's official position was that they dropped Archuleta but the singer said, "I need to start going a different direction now. It felt like the right time to part ways."
Similarly, he says he was no longer with his management, Wright Entertainment Group, because "I realized this is not where I need to be right now."
He continued, "It's scary making those decisions sometimes. Is this the right decision? I've learned also you have to follow your gut. Sometimes it hard to make a decision but it's the right thing to do."
Archuleta concludes, "It took me a while to realize, I have control over my life."
2014 Emmy Awards
What's Hot In Music
- Jon Stewart Loves How Epic HuffPost Headlines Win The Internet
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Rose McGowan Pours Pink Paint Over Charli XCX in 'Break The Rules' Music Video - Watch Here!
- Fergie Is Going to Miss the Bar at 'Chelsea Lately'
- Simon Cowell & Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Show Some Affection at 'X Factor UK' Press Launch!
- Britney Spears Details 'Sh-tty' Day in Video After Her Breakup