David Archuleta Explains Break From Jive, Management Company (Video)
Former American Idol contestant David Archuleta has gone on record about his split from Jive records and his management company.
With a banana tree as background, the Season 7 runner-up told fans via a video on his theofficialarchuleta YouTube channel that he was pondering the direction he's going as an artist, and that he's been writing to see "what sound comes from my head."
Archuleta emphasized his relationship with fans throughout the nearly eight-minute video blog, and said that he's "changing as an artist" at the same time that Jive is "changing as a company."
Jive's official position was that they dropped Archuleta but the singer said, "I need to start going a different direction now. It felt like the right time to part ways."
Similarly, he says he was no longer with his management, Wright Entertainment Group, because "I realized this is not where I need to be right now."
He continued, "It's scary making those decisions sometimes. Is this the right decision? I've learned also you have to follow your gut. Sometimes it hard to make a decision but it's the right thing to do."
Archuleta concludes, "It took me a while to realize, I have control over my life."
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David