Hospitalized 'American Idol' Finalist Casey Abrams Will Tape Top 24 Show
1:33 PM PST 2/25/2011 by Shirley Halperin
An 'Idol' source tells THR that the hospitalized contestant will take part in Friday's taping of the first Top 24 episode.
Casey Abrams, the American Idol Top 24 contestant who was rushed to the hospital on Wednesday complaining of severe stomach pains, will take part in a Friday Idol taping of the 12 male finalists, a source tells THR.TMZ first reported that the Idyllwild native was ill. Had Abrams failed to show for the taping, he likely would have had to forfeit his spot in the Top 24. That could have opened the door to ousted fan favorite Chris Medina, but alas, a new single, video and Tonight Show appearance will have to do. As of this afternoon, Abrams' condition was still touch and go, with TMZ reporting that he could attend the taping and then return to the hospital. Last season, a similar scenario played out involving finalist Crystal Bowersox, who was hospitalized during the Top 24 portion for complications related to her diabetes. To accommodate Bowersox, the production swapped taping dates so that the boys performed on the first day and the 12 girls went second.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music