Jennifer Lopez Cries After Cutting Chris Medina From 'American Idol' Top 24 (Video)
The Illinois native writes on his personal Facebook page: "Don't worry, it's not the end of me," as fans hope he'll see a second chance with a wild card pick.
American Idol favorite Chris Medina, who stole the country's heart when he showed up for auditions in Milwaukee with his paraplegic fiancee, did not make season 10's Top 24.
Wednesday night's episode of Idol showed the Oak Forest, Illinois native struggling with the week's Beatles theme as he sang the group's classic "A Hard Day's Night."
Indeed, it didn't get any easier for the 26-year-old who chose Coldplay's "Fix You" for his second turn. At episode's close, when contestants are made to walk to never-ending Green Mile to hear their fate, judge Jennifer Lopez commented that Medina had good and bad moments, but in the end did not make it into the Top 24.
Minutes after the east coast broadcast, a tweet referencing Medina's personal Facebook page read, "Tried my hardest, guys.. and don't worry... it's not the end of me."
Fans are already bringing up the possibility of Medina's return via a wild card round, which the judges will reveal on Idol's March 3 episode.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot In Music
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum