Justin Guarini Joins 'American Idiot'
The 'American Idol' season 1 runner-up stars as Will in the Broadway musical beginning March 1.
From American Idol to American Idiot, Justin Guarini has landed the role of Will on the hit Broadway musical inspired by Green Day's 2004 rock opera. Idol's season 1 runner-up will join AFI frontman Davey Havoc, who'll play St. Jimmy, a role currently helmed by the band's frontman and visionary Billie Joe Armstrong, starting March 1.Said director and co-book writer Michael Mayer in the Feb. 22 announcement: “Justin blew us away in his audition and I am thrilled to have him join the company of American Idiot.” It's not Guarini's first time on the great white way. He made his Broadway debut in the fall of 2010 in the musical version of Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown (Lincoln Center Theatre). Among the show's two Tony wins, the Original Broadway Cast Recording, which features the 24-member cast accompanied by Green Day, recently won a Grammy Award for Best Musical Show Album.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR