Outgoing 'Idol' Contestant Chris Medina Releasing Video Friday
The singer will debut a clip for the Rodney Jerkins-penned song, “What Are Words,” tomorrow.
Chris Medina may have left American Idol, but he’s not going away. The Illinois-born singer will debut a video tomorrow for “What Are Words,” his emotional song written by producer Rodney Jerkins.
The producer, known for his past work with artists such as Brandy, was so moved by Medina’s story he wrote the song specifically for the 26-year-old (Medina is the primary caregiver to his fiancée, who was seriously injured just months before they were set to tie the knot).
“When I heard the story of Chris and Juliana, the words and music just flowed,” said Jerkins in a press release issued by Interscope Geffen A&M, Idol's new music partners.
“To be able to work in the studio with someone of his stature was a dream come true,” added Medina in the same release regarding Jerkins.
"I just couldn't believe that I had to deliver this news,” she said. “I felt [he] had been through a lot and is going through a lot."
AOL will debut the video for "What Are Words" Friday at 2 p.m. EST. Later that day, Medina will appear on NBC's The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Sofía Vergara Reveals Who She Dresses Up For (VIDEO)
- Before The Beat Drops: Heavy English's 'Black Dog' Brings Back Gritty, Bluesy Rock 'N' Roll
- Watch The First Promo For Fox's Controversial New Reality Dating Show 'I Wanna Marry Harry'
- Chelsea Handler Breaks Silence On That Infamous Instagram Photo And Why Network TV Isn't For Her
- Did You Catch the Coen Brothers Easter Egg in Fargo?
- Julie Klausner Talks to Billy Eichner About Billy on the Street, Mayim Bialik, and Getting Fuse to Agree to ‘Ask a Squirter’
- Watch Nick Kroll, Paul Scheer, and NBA Stars Live-Read Space Jam
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues