Talks To Be An 'Idol' Judge 'Just Fizzled Out,' Says Harry Connick, Jr.
The former season 9 mentor says he's "fine" that things didn't work out with 'American Idol'
New Orleans musician-crooner Harry Connick, Jr. made the press rounds at the biannual Television Critics Association (in support of PBS' American Masters) in Pasadena, where he was also asked about American Idol. Connick was a mentor on Season 9 and one of the seemingly endless list of A-list musicians in contention to join the new judging panel, so what happened?“I had a blast on the show,” said Connick. “They asked me if I was interested. We had some preliminary conversations and it just kind of fizzled out... “Fortunately, I had some other things going on. So it was fine.” Connick maintains busy musical and acting careers; he stars alongside Morgan Freeman and Ashley Judd in Warner Bros. Pictures’ Dolphin Tale, schedule for a fall release. Check out more of THR's TCA coverage here.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Music
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game