Talks To Be An 'Idol' Judge 'Just Fizzled Out,' Says Harry Connick, Jr.
The former season 9 mentor says he's "fine" that things didn't work out with 'American Idol'
New Orleans musician-crooner Harry Connick, Jr. made the press rounds at the biannual Television Critics Association (in support of PBS' American Masters) in Pasadena, where he was also asked about American Idol. Connick was a mentor on Season 9 and one of the seemingly endless list of A-list musicians in contention to join the new judging panel, so what happened?“I had a blast on the show,” said Connick. “They asked me if I was interested. We had some preliminary conversations and it just kind of fizzled out... “Fortunately, I had some other things going on. So it was fine.” Connick maintains busy musical and acting careers; he stars alongside Morgan Freeman and Ashley Judd in Warner Bros. Pictures’ Dolphin Tale, schedule for a fall release. Check out more of THR's TCA coverage here.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Music
- Play On! Power Pop Heroes by Ken Sharp... The Greatest Collection of Rock Interviews of All Time? Could Be!
- Legendary Owns Horror With ScareHouse Partnership, YouTube Competition
- This Jubilant Man Winning $26,000 On 'Price Is Right' Is All Of Us, Really
- Pregnant Blake Lively And Ryan Reynolds Are Picture-Perfect On The Red Carpet
- Jennifer Lawrence's Katniss Realizes Josh Hutcherson's Peeta is Alive in New 'Hunger Games' Promo - Watch Now!
- Jennifer Garner Speaks About Sexism in Hollywood: Ben Affleck Only Gets Asked About 'Tits' on the 'Blurred Lines' Girl (Video)
- Kamara James Dead - Olympic Fencer Dies at 29
- Analeigh Tipton & Jake McDorman Make Their Own 'Manhattan Love Story' (Exclusive Video!)