'60 Minutes' ratings climb with Conan
CBS' telecast of "60 Minutes" featuring an interview with Conan O'Brien was up sharply from last week, though ranked below the show's average this season.
"Minutes" was viewed by 13.4 million viewers and drew a 2.2 preliminary rating among adults 18-49. That's up 38% from a lower-than-usual outing last week and easily won its hour. O'Brien didn't give the news program a new peak -- the episode was down 12% from the "Minutes" average this season.
After "The Amazing Race" (10.5 million, 3.0), CBS aired the season's final two episodes of "Cold Case" (9.9 million, 2.1). The "Cold Case" numbers are on par for the bubble show, not giving the network a clear "pickup" or "cancel" indicator.
ABC came in first place for the evening with both dramas posting gains. While "Extreme Makeover" (8.6 million, 2.4) was flat, "Desperate Housewives" (12.0 million, 3.7) and "Brothers & Sisters" (8.6 million, 2.5) were up 9% each.
Fox's animated originals were on par with last week, including "The Simpsons" (6.1 million, 2.7) and a special one-hour 150th episode of "Family Guy" (7.3 million, 3.5).
NBC's "Minute to Win It" (5.6 million, 1.9) was up a tenth, while "Celebrity Apprentice" (7.0 million, 2.6) fell 16% from last week's gain.
2014 Emmy Awards
What's Hot in TV
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'
- Chris Hemsworth Gets to Showcase Comedic Side in 'Vacation'
- Nude Chelsea Handler Gets Confronted By Ellen DeGeneres In Funny 'Chelsea Lately' Finale Skit - Watch Now!