7 Things You Didn't Know About 'Conan'
Exclu: Ready for the debut of Conan O'Brien's new show? Here's seven things you didn't know about the Conan set, sent by his staff, followed by a rather amazing video/ad that went up last night.
1. Stage 15 Holds 275 audience members. The capacity is in between that of Conan’s Late Night and The Tonight Show.
2. Stage 15 has been the home to 52 motion pictures, including The Music Man, Ghostbusters, Oceans 11 and The Lost Boys.
3. The new set for Conan was designed by Emmy award winning set designers John Shaffner and Joe Stewart.
4. Set is truly a 360 degree environment. We’ve built an intimate theatre inside of the stage based largely on experiencing different venues on “The Legally Prohibited from Being Funny on Television Tour”
5. The Conan set features a hand-painted backdrop of the California coast line with fiber optic lights.
6. The new Conan set features 1,000 Computerized and Conventional Lighting fixtures. Stage 15 is 10,000 square feet when you combine the set, production area, green room and audience area. The show curtain is silk from Thailand, with Jim Thompson silks providing.Stage 15 is filled with 10 Miles of lighting cable to light the set.
7. Careful steps were taken to make sure the Green room was as “Green” as possible. Reverse osmosis filtration offers high quality water for the green room to eliminate the need for unnecessary bottled water. 91% of all the light bulbs throughout the Green Room complex are dimmable including all the bulbs in the bathrooms and hair and make-up. The other 8% is fluorescent or CFLs, and 1% incandescent light bulbs.
Swing back to The Live Feed tonight for live blogging of Conan and the chance to win free swag.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Christopher Nolan Just Brought a New Interstellar Trailer to Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet