ABC to air 'Bachelor' Mesnick's wedding
The two-hour "The Bachelor: Jason and Molly's Wedding" is set to air March 8. The event will include the bride's dress fitting, planning for the big day, bachelor and bachelorette parties and the ceremony. Past "Bachelor" and "Bachelorette" couples and participants will be on the guest list.
ABC and producers Next Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon Television have every right to assume a "Bachelor" wedding will draw viewers.
After Trista Rehn met Ryan Sutter on "The Bachelorette" in 2002, their wedding on ABC was a ratings smash, drawing more than 17.1 million viewers.
Mesnick and Malaney's vows mark the latest twist in narrative that's extended through a couple of seasons of the "Bachelor" franchise.
Mesnick was one of the final two bachelors on DeAnna Pappas' edition of "The Bachelorette." Rejected by Pappas, he became the first single dad on "The Bachelor" and proposed to Melissa Rycroft in the finale, only to change his mind and break up with Rycroft on the air and instead propose to runner-up Malaney.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park