ABC Family brewing 'Practical Magic' reboot
Exclu: Some Halloween-themed programming news: Warner Bros. is developing a reboot of its 1998 film Practical Magic for ABC Family.
The studio and network are in the very early stages of bringing back the fantasy, which is based on a novel by Alice Hoffman.
Practical Magic is about the Owens family, including two sisters and their orphaned nieces, who are the latest in a ancestral line of witches. If any of the Owens women find true love with a man, he dies tragically (which is what happened the nieces' father).
The movie starred Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman. Several years ago, the story was later re-developed for a TV version that didn't make it off the ground.
If Practical Magic successfully debuts on ABC Family, it will join a legacy of Witch TV titles such as Charmed, Sabrina, the Teenage Witch and, of course, Bewitched.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- Chrissy Teigen's Optical Illusion Ensemble Is Making Us Do A Double Take
- Jon Stewart Mocks Media 'Chaos' Over Obamacare Ruling
- North West Takes Her First Steps, Kim Posts Adorable Picture After Swimming Lesson
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move