ABC Family brewing 'Practical Magic' reboot
Exclu: Some Halloween-themed programming news: Warner Bros. is developing a reboot of its 1998 film Practical Magic for ABC Family.
The studio and network are in the very early stages of bringing back the fantasy, which is based on a novel by Alice Hoffman.
Practical Magic is about the Owens family, including two sisters and their orphaned nieces, who are the latest in a ancestral line of witches. If any of the Owens women find true love with a man, he dies tragically (which is what happened the nieces' father).
The movie starred Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman. Several years ago, the story was later re-developed for a TV version that didn't make it off the ground.
If Practical Magic successfully debuts on ABC Family, it will join a legacy of Witch TV titles such as Charmed, Sabrina, the Teenage Witch and, of course, Bewitched.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David