ABC picks up 'Samantha Who?' for full season
ABC has picked up the Christina Applegate comedy series "Samantha Who?" for a full season.
The network ordered another seven episodes of the show from ABC Studios and Brillstein-Grey Television, sources say.
The most-recent Monday evening outing was seen by 9.6 million viewers and received a 2.7 rating coming out of lead-in "Dancing With the Stars." On average this season, the three episodes of "Samantha" that have aired have drawn 10.5 million and a 2.8 rating. Since its premiere, "Samantha" is Monday's second-most-watched comedy, behind CBS' "Two and a Half Men."
Though relatively modestly rated in the adult demo, "Samantha" gives ABC one known-quantity comedy that it can potentially build from when it premieres new half-hour efforts later this season. ABC has "Better Off Ted," "The Goode Family," "Scrubs," "Single with Parents," "In the Motherhood" and "According to Jim" (which returns Dec. 2) waiting the wings.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR