ABC's 'Romantically Challenged' has average debut
The show's 2.9 rating in the adult demo (10.7 million viewers) would have been OK for most slots, but coming after powerhouse "Dancing With the Stars" (21.1 million viewers, 4.8), this is a somewhat disappointing return for a series premiere.
By comparison, short-lived "Surviving Suburbia" debuted to 3.0 in that time period in April of last year. At 10 p.m., "Castle" (10.4 million, 2.6) dipped slightly.
Fox and CBS tied for second, with Fox's "House" (10.8 million, 4.1) and "24" (8.9 million, 2.8) rising slightly this week.
CBS had "How I Met Your Mother" (7.7 million, 3.2) and "Rules of Engagement" (7.5 million, 3.0), both improving from last week. The network's 9 p.m. hour was in repeats (for the curious, yes, the encore of "The Big Bang Theory" did beat "Romantically Challenged," and by quite a bit). "CSI: Miami" (11.7 million, 3.2) climbed at 10 p.m.
In mostly repeats, NBC had a very low average for a major broadcast network, airing only "Trauma" (4.7 million, 1.3) in originals. CW aired repeats.
What's Hot in TV
- 'Supreme Court: No Girls Allowed' Perfectly Parodies The Hobby Lobby Ruling
- Colbert Mocks Kim Kardashian's New Video Game, Introduces One Of His Own
- On 'The Bachelorette' Finale, We Learned That Sex Happens -- Even On Reality TV
- Micah McCain Dishes Up Bette Midler In 'Beaches' In Just Under 4 Minutes
- Dianna Agron Rocks Really High Hair for 'Headlock' Filming
- Benedict Cumberbatch Think His Evil Character Kahn Could Come Back for 'Star Trek 3'!
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana & Chris Pratt Strike the Sassiest Pose Ever at New York Stock Exchange!
- Colton Haynes is a Sexy Leather Stud for New Diesel by Nicola Formichetti Campaign