AMC launches 'Breaking Bad' Webisodes
The companies are set to unveil five stand-alone shorts 3-5 minutesapiece. The minisodes will debut beginning Tuesday on AMC's siteand Crackle.com.
"Webisodes create different experiences of the series that reachthese multiple audiences in ways that resonate best for them," AMCsenior VP marketing Linda Schupack said.
The minisodes are one of three digital extensions for the drama,which returns March 8. "Walt's Warning," a first-person customizedviral video featuring "Breaking" star Bryan Cranston hosted atWaltswarning.com, will have viewers choose their own adventure asthey interact with Cranston's desperate science teacher-turned-methpeddler.
Also, seven episodes from the series' first season have beencrunched into five- to seven-minute summary videos available onSony's minisode network of online portals including AOL andHulu.
"These digital extensions offer new viewers a nontraditionalopportunity to fall in love with a show that critics have beenraving about, while still appealing to the show's existing fanbase," said Tal Rabinowitz, vp digital development and programmingat Sony Pictures Television.
The original minisodes feature the regular "Breaking" cast andinclude a flashback to Hank's (Dean Norris) pre-wedding jitters;Walt panicking when he realizes his wife has sold their vacuumcleaner, which houses his drug earnings; and a behind-the-sceneslook at Jesse's (Aaron Paul) music video with his band.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- Jon Stewart Mocks Media 'Chaos' Over Obamacare Ruling
- North West Takes Her First Steps, Kim Posts Adorable Picture After Swimming Lesson
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences