AMC launches 'Breaking Bad' Webisodes
The companies are set to unveil five stand-alone shorts 3-5 minutesapiece. The minisodes will debut beginning Tuesday on AMC's siteand Crackle.com.
"Webisodes create different experiences of the series that reachthese multiple audiences in ways that resonate best for them," AMCsenior VP marketing Linda Schupack said.
The minisodes are one of three digital extensions for the drama,which returns March 8. "Walt's Warning," a first-person customizedviral video featuring "Breaking" star Bryan Cranston hosted atWaltswarning.com, will have viewers choose their own adventure asthey interact with Cranston's desperate science teacher-turned-methpeddler.
Also, seven episodes from the series' first season have beencrunched into five- to seven-minute summary videos available onSony's minisode network of online portals including AOL andHulu.
"These digital extensions offer new viewers a nontraditionalopportunity to fall in love with a show that critics have beenraving about, while still appealing to the show's existing fanbase," said Tal Rabinowitz, vp digital development and programmingat Sony Pictures Television.
The original minisodes feature the regular "Breaking" cast andinclude a flashback to Hank's (Dean Norris) pre-wedding jitters;Walt panicking when he realizes his wife has sold their vacuumcleaner, which houses his drug earnings; and a behind-the-sceneslook at Jesse's (Aaron Paul) music video with his band.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- 5 Reasons The 'Broad City' Women Are The Stoner Heroines You've Been Waiting For
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez's Sexy Dance Probably Means They're Dating Again
- Eva Tamargo Of 'Tyler Perry's The Haves And The Have Nots' Explains Why She Likes Being A TV Villain (VIDEO)
- U2 Album Delay Rumors Denied By Band's Rep
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting
- Kit Harington's Muscles Bulge Out of His Shirt for 'Men's Health UK' April 2014
- Eva Longoria & Oprah Winfrey Support Maria Shriver at 'Paycheck to Paycheck' Screening!
- Rosario Dawson & America Ferrera Are Feeling Blue at 'Cesar Chavez' SXSW Premiere!