American Idol: Chris Medina Made the Judges Get Emotional (Video)
He wowed Steven Tyler, Jennifer Lopez and Randy Jackson with his rendition of “Break Even” - and his story of sticking with his fiancee Juliana Ramos after her traumatic brain injury from a car accident.
Chris Medina made the American Idol judges get emotional with the devastating story of his fiancee, Juliana Ramos, who got into a car accident and spent a month in a coma -- before awakening with a traumatic brain injury.
"If I were to make it Hollywood, I feel like it would get her to be happy again. I would feel like I would already won," said Medina, before singing "Break Even" by The Script.
Then he brought his fiancee inside the audition room in her wheelchair.
"I got to tell you man, I am so happy right now," Steven Tyler said. He, Jennifer Lopez and Randy Jackson greeted Julianna, then Tyler gave her a huge hug, and a kiss , and rubbed his eyes.
They sent Medina through to Hollywood.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10