Anderson Cooper's Talk Show Sold in 21 Markets
Here's an update on that Anderson Cooper talk show that Hollywood Reporter broke a few months ago.
According to Warner Bros. Domestic TV Distribution, 21 major market stations have lined up to carry the one-hour daily strip hosted by the CNN anchor. Last week, initial clearances for the show were announced in key hubs New York (WPIX), Los Angeles (KTTV), Chicago (WFLD) and Boston (WFXT).
WB is comparing Cooper to talk legends Oprah Winfrey and Phil Donahue as a "once in a decade opportunity" for stations to land a "game changer" personality.
"This is a series that has the ability to play to a wide audience, whether it's adjacent to local news or coming out of morning magazines," said WB sales executive Rick Meril. "And, it is a testament to its strength that stations are now rushing to secure the show for their program line-up and that San Diego and Bakersfield will air Anderson in place of 'Oprah' next fall."
Oddly, though, Cooper's talk show still doesn't have a name.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- 'Hunger Games: Mockinghay' Teaser Trailer Debuts at Comic-Con - See an Awesome Hologram Video!
- Chloe Moretz & Kellan Lutz Get the Fans Pumped at Comic-Con's MTVu Fandom Awards!
- Kesha Teases New Music on 'The Tonight Show': 'It's Super Top Secret & Awesome'
- Kings of Leon Perform Their Hit Songs on 'Good Morning America' - Watch Now!