'Attack of the Show' throws Comic-Con nerd rave
Though organizers tried to convince Comic-Con that the G4 program was a big draw, the event was stuck in a relatively modest-sized ballroom. About 1,000 fans were turned away and what transpired was, according to one industry insider who attended, "the wildest Comic-Con panel I've ever seen ... it was totally off the hook."
I love TV industry insiders who say "off the hook."
Each chair had a kazoo and glow stick under their chairs. Hosts Kevin Pereira and Olivia Munn had the audience play the show's theme song on the kazoo, then lowered the lights turned the room into a "nerd rave." Lewd comments to Munn from the audience were practically encouraged.
Here's a clip where the hosts leveraged the power of Twitter to create buzz about their panel in a playful way...
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- Chris Hemsworth Supports His Fellow Superheroes at 'Guardians of the Galaxy' UK Premiere!
- Reportedly Pregnant Zoe Saldana Wears Billowy Dress to 'Guardians of the Galaxy' UK Premiere
- Rachel McAdams Exits NYC Before 'A Most Wanted Man' Hits Theatres Everywhere!
- Thandie Newton's Clown Purse is Our Favorite New Accessory!