'Bachelor' wedding disappoints, 'Trauma' returns low
A "Bachelor" special showing the wedding of Mesnick and Molly Malaney pulled a decent number Tuesday, but was a far cry from Sutter and Trista Rehn's televised nuptials back in 2002.
The wedding drew 9.3 million viewers and a 2.8 adults 18-49 rating, with ABC landing in third place for the night. "Castle" (9.1 million, 2.4) was down a notch from its last original.
CBS won the evening highlighted by a season-high "Two and a Half Men" (17.6 million, 5.8). CBS also aired "How I Met Your Mother" (10.1 million, 3.9), "Rules of Engagement" (10.1 million, 3.6) -- which perked up from last week -- and "Big Bang Theory" (16.3 million, 5.9). "CSI: Miami" (11.9 million, 3.3) hit a season low.
Fox's "House" (12.8 million, 4.8) dipped 6% this week, yet "24" (8.9 million, 2.8) posted a 12% gain.
NBC's "Chuck" (6.3 million, 2.3) was on par. The return of "Trauma" (4.8 million, 1.4) to a new time slot marked the medical drama's lowest rating ever, providing a weak lead-in for "Law & Order" (5.2 million, 1.5).
The CW's "Life Unexpected" (1.9 million, 0.9) was up slightly, though "Gossip Girl" (1.7 million, 1.0) took a hit (love the episode title, though -- "The Hurt Locket").
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot in TV
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!
- Will Smith Posted This Awesome Photo for Jada's 43rd Birthday!