Betty White joins NBC's 'Community' premiere
Exclu: Her TV Land sitcom earned a second season pickup. Her episode hosting "Saturday Night Live" just scored six Emmy nominations. She's even a calendar pin-up girl (at 88).
So what's next for Betty White?
A visit to NBC's "Community."
White will guest star on the sophomore season premiere of the Thursday-night comedy. She'll play professor June Bauer, an esteemed, albeit slightly unhinged, anthropology professor.
White's appearance is sure to give a boost to the well-liked comedy series, which is airing against CBS' top-rated "Big Bang Theory" this fall. Neither CBS nor NBC have announced their fall premiere dates yet, but if both networks launch their sitcoms during the traditional September premiere week, White's "Community" episode will go head-to-head against the "Big Bang" opener.
In January, White received the 2010 SAG Lifetime Achievement Award. This fall she'll be in the movie "You Again," starring Kristen Bell.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR