Big ratings for LeBron James announcement
The 9 p.m. program -- dubbed "The Decision" -- was also likely the most-watched program of the night on cable or broadcast.
The top three local markets were Cleveland (26.0 metered market rating); Columbus (14.2) and Miami (12.8). Chicago ranked sixth with a 10.7 rating and New York ranked seventh with a 10.4 rating.
By comparison, ESPN's exclusive interview with Tiger Woods back in March only pulled a 0.4 rating and the net's Alex Rodriguez exclusive interview in February drew a 0.9.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR