Bret Michaels bashes Tonys for 'missed his mark'
Remember when Bret Michaels bashed his head at the Tonys? (Of course you do). Remember when the Tonys spokesperson was flatly quoted as saying Michaels "missed his mark"?
Well, it seems Michaels has a very finely tuned ear for disrespect. He's reportedly lashing out at the Tonys for not being more sympathetic to his accident. According to Michaels' rep ...
"With all due respect toeveryone working the Tony Awards, somewhere down the line there was alack of communication and the prop should have been immediately halteduntil Michaels was clear. Sunday morning at rehearsals, Bret was neverinformed that the descending set piece existed, let alone would bemoving into position as he was exiting the stage."
Although Bretwas visibly dazed, he remained extremely calm backstage as members ofPoison's road crew brought him a towel to wipe the blood from his face.His only comment at the time was, "What the hell just hit me?" Theseverity of this injury is not being taken lightly as symptoms fromhead and neck injuries at first may seem like nothing and sometimes donot present for days. At this time, the full extent of his injuriesremain to be seen until all x-rays are back. I find it surprising thata Tony spokesperson would brush off this incident with a commentstating, 'Mr. Michaels missed his mark,' with no mention ofconcern for his condition. If everyone at the Tonys were aware thatBret missed his mark, then they should have been aware enough to stopthe set piece from hitting him or at least slowed it down until hecleared the stage. I feel had this incident happened to, Dolly Partonor Elton John, the Tonys would have at least issued a letter ofconcern."
Michaels/his spokesperson are right -- the organization would probably not have brushed off an accident that injured Elton John with the same dismissive line.
But the awards show probably assumed Michaels is a tough bandanna-wearing rocker guy who didn't require public hand-holding platitudes from a Tonys spokesperson.
Guess the odds of Michaels performing "Talk Dirty to Me" at the Emmys are even lower now.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws