CBS Cancels 'Medium'
CBS has canceled long-running drama series Medium.
The network is axing the five-year-old thriller, which has been a weak link in its Friday night lineup. RELATED: Another TV show that bit the dust.
Series creator Glenn Gordon Caron announced the news online: "It's true. Allison Dubois will dream her last dream on Fri 1/21. In what we believe will be a series defining episode, Allison and her family will stare destiny in the eye. And destiny will not blink." PHOTOS: Hollywood's most promising young stars.
The most recent Medium pulled 6.8 million viewers and a 1.4 adults 18-49 rating. That's still better than several other non-CBS shows on Friday, but after several years a scripted drama carries a higher production cost that rasies the bar to continue. RELATED: Another series that dropped in ratings.
CBS rescued Medium from cancelation after NBC axed the program last year, but the writing was on the wall when last month the network declined to pick up the show's back nine episodes for the season.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Johnny Depp & Amber Heard Hold Hands at 'Cabaret' Opening!
- Emma Stone & Felicity Jones Bring Girl Power to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Andrew Garfield Rides Bus with Underprivileged Kids to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Olivia Munn Insisted Her 'Newsroom' Character Sloane Not Wear Turtlenecks!