CBS Develops Modern-Day Western
Exclu: CBS is developing a neo-Western crime drama from the creator of CSI and a legal drama based on a story by crime novelist Joel Goldman.
First up is Desperado, about a band of lawmen who enact cowboy-style justice on modern-day criminals in San Antonio.
CSI mastermind Anthony Zuiker is the executive producer, with Hitman 2 scribe Kyle Ward writing and executive producing and Matthew Weinberg co-executive producing. CBS TV Studios and Dare to Pass are the production companies.
If the logline of Desperado sounds just a tad like Justified, well, the producers of that FX drama are working on something different for CBS: Knife Fight, about a female public defender who "becomes a prosecutor in order to pursue the truth."
It's based on a short story by Goldman and has Michael Cuesta (Dexter) writing, executive producing and directing, and Gerald Cuesta as writer and co-executive producer. Sarah Timberman and Carl Beverly (Justified) are executive producing. CBS TV Studios is the producer along with Timberman/Beverly Prods.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR