CBS picks up '$#*! My Dad Says'
Yes, that's really the title.
CBS has picked up "$#*! My Dad Says" for the fall season, using the array of symbols instead of the word "shit" to name the series based off the Twitter sensation.
Other titles the network considered: "Bleep My Dad Says" and "Shat My Dad Says."
UPDATE: CBS announces full fall schedule including "My Dad Says" to air against NBC's Thursday comedies.
The show is based on material by Twitter phenomenon Justin Halpern.
The well-received pilot starred Ryan Devlin ("Cougar Town") as the young lead, based on Halpern, opposite William Shatner as the opinionated father who is the central character. Sitcom veteran James Burrows directed the pilot.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Christopher Nolan Just Brought a New Interstellar Trailer to Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet