CBS Renews 'The Talk'
"The co-hosts have clicked together, the topics have connected with the audience and the show has added a new dimension to our top-rated daytime line-up," CBS Entertainment president Nina Tassler says.
CBS has renewed the daytime chat-fest The Talk for another season.
The network announced the pickup Wednesday after several strong week’s of ratings. The morning talker is averaging 2.2 million viewers since it premiered last fall.
The show — an answer to ABC’s long-running The View — is hosted by CBS News' Julie Chen, Sara Gilbert, Sharon Osbourne, Holly Robinson Peete and Leah Remini. Marissa Jaret Winokur left the show after only a few months.
"After only a few months on the air, The Talk has delivered creative and ratings growth and established a strong profile in daytime," Nina Tassler, President, CBS Entertainment, said in a statement. "The co-hosts have clicked together, the topics have connected with the audience and the show has added a new dimension to our top-rated daytime line-up. We're excited about its current success and the potential to grow and evolve 'The Talk' even further."
Added David Stapf, President of CBS Television Studios: "We're proud that The Talk has emerged as a unique player in the daytime arena. The goal was always to create a show that offered different perspectives to issues facing families. The show's success is largely due to our hosts' chemistry and we're thrilled that the topics we are addressing are resonating with audiences."
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'