Channel Venture Wants 3D 'Mythbusters'
The 3D TV network joint venture of Discovery Communications, Imax and Sony Corp. is looking at teaming with Discovery to shoot some episodes of hit show Mythbusters in native 3D.
A spokesman for the 3D network, scheduled to launch next year, confirmed that the channel is "extremely interested" in the idea, but said there is no deal to announce at this stage.
The network would not just shoot select Mythbusters episodes with 3D cameras in addition to the regular 2D filming, but is looking to create native 3D, or productions designed with 3D in mind.
The 2D version would air on Discovery, while the 3D version would air on the venture channel.
The network would likely test the approach in limited form for its feasibility and economics.
It may also look at other Discovery shows for similar treatment.
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot in TV
- Allow One Direction To Romance You In Their 'Night Changes' Music Video
- 2014 Latin Grammys Shared The Spotlight With Obama But Still Shone Brightly
- Chatting with Chris Botti and Madeleine Peyroux, Plus Twin Hidden Covers "Yellow Flicker Beat"
- Taylor Swift And Selena Gomez Have A Super Fun Girls Night With Ellie Goulding
- Connie Britton & Taylor Kitsch Have a 'Friday Night Lights' Reunion
- The Vamps Rock Out with Special Performance at Just Jared's Homecoming Dance Presented by Ever After High!
- One Direction Take The Cutest Selfie Ever On 'Kimmel' & Premiere 'Night Changes' Music Video
- Prince Harry Calls Out Charities 'Built Around Egos'