Channel Venture Wants 3D 'Mythbusters'
The 3D TV network joint venture of Discovery Communications, Imax and Sony Corp. is looking at teaming with Discovery to shoot some episodes of hit show Mythbusters in native 3D.
A spokesman for the 3D network, scheduled to launch next year, confirmed that the channel is "extremely interested" in the idea, but said there is no deal to announce at this stage.
The network would not just shoot select Mythbusters episodes with 3D cameras in addition to the regular 2D filming, but is looking to create native 3D, or productions designed with 3D in mind.
The 2D version would air on Discovery, while the 3D version would air on the venture channel.
The network would likely test the approach in limited form for its feasibility and economics.
It may also look at other Discovery shows for similar treatment.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot in TV
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- 'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers
- 'Walking Dead' Star Laurie Holden Is A Real-Life Hero
- Kat Dennings On Kim Kardashian: 'I've Never Seen An Ass Like That In My Life'
- Jennifer Garner & Michelle Monaghan Help Honor Matthew McConaughey with Special Award!
- Eva Longoria & Cameron Diaz Show Huge Support For Hillary Clinton's Fundraiser
- Anne Hathaway & Jessica Chastain Rep 'Interstellar' at American Cinematheque Event!
- Reese Witherspoon & Kate Hudson Support Their Leading Man Matthew McConaughey!