Channel Venture Wants 3D 'Mythbusters'
The 3D TV network joint venture of Discovery Communications, Imax and Sony Corp. is looking at teaming with Discovery to shoot some episodes of hit show Mythbusters in native 3D.
A spokesman for the 3D network, scheduled to launch next year, confirmed that the channel is "extremely interested" in the idea, but said there is no deal to announce at this stage.
The network would not just shoot select Mythbusters episodes with 3D cameras in addition to the regular 2D filming, but is looking to create native 3D, or productions designed with 3D in mind.
The 2D version would air on Discovery, while the 3D version would air on the venture channel.
The network would likely test the approach in limited form for its feasibility and economics.
It may also look at other Discovery shows for similar treatment.
Fall TV Preview
What's Hot in TV
- Cersei's Major 'Game Of Thrones' Nude Scene Is Officially Going To Happen
- Kim Kardashian Takes Her Crop Top To The Next Level With A Deep V-Neck
- Famous Women Point Out Exactly Why Leaking Nude Photos Is So Very Wrong
- Melissa Rivers Confirms Mother Joan Is On Life Support, Thanks Fans For Their Kindness
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley & Jason Statham Grab Brunch in Malibu for Labor Day!
- Uma Thurman Joins Co-Stars to Premiere 'Nymphomaniac - Vol. II' at Venice Film Festival
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello Hold Hands After Romantic Mexico Getaway
- Lady Gaga Reunites with Pet Pooch Asia at LAX Airport - Watch the Adorable Video!