Channel Venture Wants 3D 'Mythbusters'
The 3D TV network joint venture of Discovery Communications, Imax and Sony Corp. is looking at teaming with Discovery to shoot some episodes of hit show Mythbusters in native 3D.
A spokesman for the 3D network, scheduled to launch next year, confirmed that the channel is "extremely interested" in the idea, but said there is no deal to announce at this stage.
The network would not just shoot select Mythbusters episodes with 3D cameras in addition to the regular 2D filming, but is looking to create native 3D, or productions designed with 3D in mind.
The 2D version would air on Discovery, while the 3D version would air on the venture channel.
The network would likely test the approach in limited form for its feasibility and economics.
It may also look at other Discovery shows for similar treatment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR