Charlie Sheen Helps Piers Morgan Reach Highest Ratings Since Premiere
Charlie Sheen’s appearance on Piers Morgan’s talker Monday night helped the show reach its best viewership since the series launched.
Piers Morgan Tonight drew 1.35 million total viewers at 9 p.m. ET and its best showing in the 25-54 demo to date with 561,000, outdrawing MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow Show (1.2 million; 383,000) but still a distant second to Fox News Channel’s Hannity (2.62 million; 751,000) for the night. (At midnight ET/9 p.m. PT, Piers Morgan Tonight drew 719,000 more viewers.)
Piers Morgan Tonight premiered in January with a sit-down interview with Oprah Winfrey, which attracted 2.1 million and roughly 520,000 in the demo.
And the highly publicized Today Show interview with Sheen may have helped the NBC morning show inch past ABC's Good Morning America on Monday morning after ABC's Oscar-cast.
Today beat Good Morning America in the demo and in total viewers Monday, averaging a 2.2 rating in the 25-54 demographic (2.74 million) and delivering nearly 6 million viewers. But Good Morning America, which had its own interview with Sheen, was close behind with a 1.8 demo rating and 23,000 fewer viewers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR