Charlie Sheen Helps Piers Morgan Reach Highest Ratings Since Premiere
Charlie Sheen’s appearance on Piers Morgan’s talker Monday night helped the show reach its best viewership since the series launched.
Piers Morgan Tonight drew 1.35 million total viewers at 9 p.m. ET and its best showing in the 25-54 demo to date with 561,000, outdrawing MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow Show (1.2 million; 383,000) but still a distant second to Fox News Channel’s Hannity (2.62 million; 751,000) for the night. (At midnight ET/9 p.m. PT, Piers Morgan Tonight drew 719,000 more viewers.)
Piers Morgan Tonight premiered in January with a sit-down interview with Oprah Winfrey, which attracted 2.1 million and roughly 520,000 in the demo.
And the highly publicized Today Show interview with Sheen may have helped the NBC morning show inch past ABC's Good Morning America on Monday morning after ABC's Oscar-cast.
Today beat Good Morning America in the demo and in total viewers Monday, averaging a 2.2 rating in the 25-54 demographic (2.74 million) and delivering nearly 6 million viewers. But Good Morning America, which had its own interview with Sheen, was close behind with a 1.8 demo rating and 23,000 fewer viewers.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Surprise Comic Con With New 'Interstellar' Trailer
- Pedro Pascal Really Wishes He Were Still On 'Game Of Thrones,' Even In Small Part
- Morgan Freeman And Jimmy Fallon Talking On Helium Will Make Your Day
- Conversations with Billy Gilman, Ernest Ranglin, Mary Sarah and Gangstagrass' Rench, Plus Ben Jaimen's "Satellites" Exclusive