Chelsea Handler Pilot Casts 3’9” Actor
8:52 AM PST 3/1/2011 by Lacey Rose
Stage star Mark Povinelli signs on for NBC's "Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea."
Stage actor Mark Povinelli has been cast in the Warner Bros. Television pilot Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea.The series, a multicamera comedy for NBC, is inspired by Chelsea Handler’s best-selling autobiographical book of the same name. It centers on Handler’s fast-paced life as a single, 20-something cocktail waitress. Povinelli will play the part of Todd. The 3’9” actor’s previous TV credits include guest turns on Modern Family, Boardwalk Empire and FX’s It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Laura Prepon (That ‘70s Show) is already on board as Vodka’s title character. Filling out the cast is Angel Laketa Moore (ER), who will play the assistant manager at the bar, and standup comedian Jo Koy, who signed on late last week as the bartender. The pilot is executive produced by Dharma & Greg co-creator Dottie Zicklin and Julie Larson. Handler will executive produce.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot in TV
- Matthew McConaughey’s Amazing Speech to the University of Texas Football Team Is a Perfect Way to Start Your Day
- Viola Davis Finally Gets the Lead Role She’s Been Waiting for in How to Get Away With Murder
- Watch Jennifer Garner and John Mulaney Play Catchphrase
- Adam Sandler Inks Exclusive Four-Film Deal With Netflix
- Emma Stone's 'Zombieland 2' Involvement is Unknown
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Take Legal Action, Accuse Photographer of Harassing Prince George
- Nick Jonas Grabs Himself, Shows His Butt Crack in These Shirtless Pics - See The Hot Photos Here!
- Celebrities Threaten Google with $100 Million Lawsuit Over Leaked Nude Images