Chelsea Handler Pilot Casts 3’9” Actor
8:52 AM PST 3/1/2011 by Lacey Rose
Stage star Mark Povinelli signs on for NBC's "Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea."
Stage actor Mark Povinelli has been cast in the Warner Bros. Television pilot Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea.The series, a multicamera comedy for NBC, is inspired by Chelsea Handler’s best-selling autobiographical book of the same name. It centers on Handler’s fast-paced life as a single, 20-something cocktail waitress. Povinelli will play the part of Todd. The 3’9” actor’s previous TV credits include guest turns on Modern Family, Boardwalk Empire and FX’s It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Laura Prepon (That ‘70s Show) is already on board as Vodka’s title character. Filling out the cast is Angel Laketa Moore (ER), who will play the assistant manager at the bar, and standup comedian Jo Koy, who signed on late last week as the bartender. The pilot is executive produced by Dharma & Greg co-creator Dottie Zicklin and Julie Larson. Handler will executive produce.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV