Christina Aguilera Joins NBC's 'The Voice'
Christina Aguilera has joined NBC's The Voice as the third judge.
The Grammy-winning singer joins previously announced musician coaches Adam Levine of Maroon 5 and Cee Lo Green. She recently starred on the big screen in Burlesque opposite Cher and had a cameo in the comedy, Get Him to the Greek.
“Her journey as an artist, who started so young in the music business, will be an inspiration to the talent she coaches on the show,” said Paul Telegdy, executive vice president of alternative programming at NBC and Universal Media Studios.
"To be given the opportunity to help shape new artists’ careers and mentor them to see their dreams come to fruition is a task I welcome with open arms," Aguilera said in a statement.
The Voice, hosted by Carson Daly and from Mark Burnett, launches with a two-hour premiere Tuesday, April 26 at 9 p.m. on NBC.
The announcement was made one day after Aguilera was arrested for public intoxication.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot in TV
- Kirk Cameron Urges Christians To Celebrate Halloween By Sharing The Gospel
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- Lily Aldridge Says Happy 26th Birthday to Her Partner in Crime Candice Swanepoel
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014