Christina Aguilera Joins NBC's 'The Voice'
Christina Aguilera has joined NBC's The Voice as the third judge.
The Grammy-winning singer joins previously announced musician coaches Adam Levine of Maroon 5 and Cee Lo Green. She recently starred on the big screen in Burlesque opposite Cher and had a cameo in the comedy, Get Him to the Greek.
“Her journey as an artist, who started so young in the music business, will be an inspiration to the talent she coaches on the show,” said Paul Telegdy, executive vice president of alternative programming at NBC and Universal Media Studios.
"To be given the opportunity to help shape new artists’ careers and mentor them to see their dreams come to fruition is a task I welcome with open arms," Aguilera said in a statement.
The Voice, hosted by Carson Daly and from Mark Burnett, launches with a two-hour premiere Tuesday, April 26 at 9 p.m. on NBC.
The announcement was made one day after Aguilera was arrested for public intoxication.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Ian Somerhalder Is Definitely the Hottest Paper Boy at LAX Airport!
- Katie Couric Flexes Her Muscles & She's Buffer Than You'd Imagine!
- Ariana Grande to Debut New Single 'Problem' at Radio Disney Music Awards! (Exclusive)
- Jason Derulo Rips Off His Shirt After Jordin Sparks Joins Him for Passionate Duet 'Vertigo'! (Video)