Cinemax Casts Lead in 'Femme Fatales'
South Africa's Tanit Phoenix has landed the lead role in Femme Fatales, Cinemax's first scripted series.
Phoenix (Death Race II, Lost Boys II) will play Lilith, a mysterious, enigmatic narrator who will appear weekly in each episode introducing the episodes of the anthology format. The part has been dubbed a "sexy Rod Serling."
The show, inspired by the men's magazine, will be a half-hour program with stories similar to such noir movies as Bound, Dead Calm and Red Rock West. Fatales will debut next year.
Phoenix is repped by Fortitude and Framework.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David