Cinemax Casts Lead in 'Femme Fatales'
South Africa's Tanit Phoenix has landed the lead role in Femme Fatales, Cinemax's first scripted series.
Phoenix (Death Race II, Lost Boys II) will play Lilith, a mysterious, enigmatic narrator who will appear weekly in each episode introducing the episodes of the anthology format. The part has been dubbed a "sexy Rod Serling."
The show, inspired by the men's magazine, will be a half-hour program with stories similar to such noir movies as Bound, Dead Calm and Red Rock West. Fatales will debut next year.
Phoenix is repped by Fortitude and Framework.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack