Comedian Lands Role in Chelsea Handler Pilot
Filipino American standup comedian Jo Koy has been cast in the Warner Bros. Television pilot Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea.
The multicamera comedy is based on Chelsea Handler’s autobiographical tome about her pre-fame life as a cocktail waitress.
Laura Prepon (That ‘70s Show) has been locked for the lead. Koy will play the bartender at the club where Prepon’s character works.
And Bonnie Somerville (Cashmere Mafia, NYPD Blue) has closed a deal to star in the ABC comedy pilot Other People’s Kids, about a middle-aged slacker who gets an insta-family when he falls for a divorced mom (Somerville).
Johnny Sneed has already closed a deal to play the ex-husband. And Claire Engler has been cast as one of the kids.
What's Hot in TV
- Asylum Film Or Children's Book With Tara Reid And Ian Ziering, Stars of 'Sharknado 2'
- Maggie Gyllenhaal Explains How Batman Is Like Pussy Riot
- (VIDEO) Multi-Channel Network Collective Digital Studio Launches New Content for Purina
- Watch #AOLBUILD Live Stream Featuring Aubrey Plaza, Dane Dehaan and @LifeAftrBeth Director Jeff Baena
- Justin Bieber Shares Photo of Orlando Bloom's Ex-Wife Miranda Kerr After Fight Video Surfaces
- Charlie Hunnam Makes Up For Missing Comic-Con in Funny Video - Watch Now!
- Zoe Saldana Hides Baby Bump in Black Dress at 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Screening
- Elizabeth Banks: 'I'm Very Genetically Blessed, I Cannot Deny It'