Comedian Lands Role in Chelsea Handler Pilot
Filipino American standup comedian Jo Koy has been cast in the Warner Bros. Television pilot Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea.
The multicamera comedy is based on Chelsea Handler’s autobiographical tome about her pre-fame life as a cocktail waitress.
Laura Prepon (That ‘70s Show) has been locked for the lead. Koy will play the bartender at the club where Prepon’s character works.
And Bonnie Somerville (Cashmere Mafia, NYPD Blue) has closed a deal to star in the ABC comedy pilot Other People’s Kids, about a middle-aged slacker who gets an insta-family when he falls for a divorced mom (Somerville).
Johnny Sneed has already closed a deal to play the ex-husband. And Claire Engler has been cast as one of the kids.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- Zoe Saldana Understands Why You Would Mistake Her for Other Black Actresses
- You Simply Must Watch Robin Thicke’s Ridiculous Movie Debut
- Orange Is the New Black’s Danielle Brooks on Lies, Laughing, and Taystee-Poussey Shippers
- Dear Hollywood: Stop Using Frank Miller’s Batman Stories As Source Material