Comedy Central picks up 'Waiting' to pilot
Comedy Central has given a pilot order to Waiting, a show based on the 2005 indie film about the service industry.
Waiting follows the employees at Shenaniganz chain restaurant as they gossip, make fun of customers, and avert boredom and adulthood with their antics.
The production is from Lionsgate, with Rob McKittrick as executive producer-director-writer, with Jeff Balis and Thomas Augsberger also executive producing.
Here's the trailer to the original film:
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- Brooks Wheelan on His Post-SNL Plans, Returning to a Days Inn Budget, and Taking Comedians Camping
- A Most Wanted Man Is an Unshapely Movie That Showcases Philip Seymour Hoffman at His Peak
- Seinfeld Might Come to Netflix
- In the Outlandishly Entertaining Lucy, Scarlett Johansson Becomes One With the Action-Movie Universe