'Conan' Ratings Dip in Second Outing
Total viewers and 18-49 demo down.
The second edition of Conan on TBS Tuesday night was down around 30% in total viewers and the key 18-49 demo, falling behind its late-night competition in overall viewership, according to early Nielsen figures.
The nearly 2.82 million total viewers for the show meant a decline of nearly 30% from the first night.
In the 18-49 demo, the late night show reached a 1.88 rating, down 35%.
According to data from Nielsen's 56 metered markets, The Late Show With David Letterman brought in a 3.0 rating, and Jay Leno’s Tonight Show drew a 2.5 overall. In the demo, those shows drew less than Conan with 0.9 and 0.8, respectively, according to data from Nielsen's 25 markets with people meters.
TBS lauded "another strong performance with young viewers," highlighting the more than 2.1 million adults 18-49 reached by the show. It also pointed out that the median age for Conan is tracking around 30.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- Dakota Johnson Compares 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Sex Scenes to Acrobatics!
- Eva Longoria: The Way Child Refugee Crisis Is Being Handled is Un-American
- Brit Marling's First Movie She Remembers Seeing is 'Princess Bride'
- 24's Kiefer Sutherland & Last Ship's Eric Dane Present Their Shows at Comic-Con 2014!