'CSI: NY' star Melina Kanakaredes to leave series
Kanakaredes has been a lead character on the crime drama since it first launched in 2004.
"We hoped Melina would return to 'CSI: NY' for another season, but we respect her decision to move on," said CBS Television Network and CBS Television Studios in a joint statement. "Her amazing talent and invaluable contribution to the success of the series are greatly appreciated and will not be forgotten. She will forever remain a friend to the network and studio and we wish her the very best."
Sources say Kanakaredes' contract was up and she was ready to move on. Former "Once and Again" lead Sela Ward is being considered as a replacement.
"I made some amazing and lifelong friendships during my six seasons on CSI: NY," Kanakaredes said in a statement, "and I will treasure them forever!"
"CSI: NY" begins production on its seventh season on July 28. The series is shifting to a new time period, Fridays at 9 p.m.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
What's Hot in TV
- Matthew McConaughey’s Amazing Speech to the University of Texas Football Team Is a Perfect Way to Start Your Day
- Viola Davis Finally Gets the Lead Role She’s Been Waiting for in How to Get Away With Murder
- Watch Jennifer Garner and John Mulaney Play Catchphrase
- Adam Sandler Inks Exclusive Four-Film Deal With Netflix
- Emma Stone's 'Zombieland 2' Involvement is Unknown
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Take Legal Action, Accuse Photographer of Harassing Prince George
- Nick Jonas Grabs Himself, Shows His Butt Crack in These Shirtless Pics - See The Hot Photos Here!
- Celebrities Threaten Google with $100 Million Lawsuit Over Leaked Nude Images