'CSI: NY' star Melina Kanakaredes to leave series
Kanakaredes has been a lead character on the crime drama since it first launched in 2004.
"We hoped Melina would return to 'CSI: NY' for another season, but we respect her decision to move on," said CBS Television Network and CBS Television Studios in a joint statement. "Her amazing talent and invaluable contribution to the success of the series are greatly appreciated and will not be forgotten. She will forever remain a friend to the network and studio and we wish her the very best."
Sources say Kanakaredes' contract was up and she was ready to move on. Former "Once and Again" lead Sela Ward is being considered as a replacement.
"I made some amazing and lifelong friendships during my six seasons on CSI: NY," Kanakaredes said in a statement, "and I will treasure them forever!"
"CSI: NY" begins production on its seventh season on July 28. The series is shifting to a new time period, Fridays at 9 p.m.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot in TV
- Gerard Parkes Dead At 90, Award-Winning Actor Best Known For 'Fraggle Rock' And 'Boondock Saints'
- Nicholas Brendon, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Actor, Arrested In Idaho
- 10 Habits Of People Who Are The Life Of The Party
- HuffPost Live's 'Spoiler Alert' Talks 'Homeland,' 'The Good Wife' And More Of Sunday's Best TV
- Nikki Reed Flies the Skies After Adopting Kitten with Boyfriend Ian Somerhalder
- Olivier Martinez Supports the Denver Broncos Before Sunday Night Football Game!
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!
- Julie Bowen & Zach Braff Support HIV/AIDS Reseach at 'A Time for Heroes' Celebration 2014!