'CSI' Showrunner Sells Legal Drama to CBS
Exclu: CSI showrunner Carol Mendelsohn has sold another project to CBS.
After selling a crime show to the network last month, Mendelsohn has closed a deal for The Rainmaker, about a high powered lawyer whose wife dies, leaving him to struggle to balance his new role as a state prosecutor as well as a single parent. (And no, the project is no relation to the John Grisham legal novel of the same name).
CBS TV Studios will produce the project, with Julie Weitz joining Mendelsohn as executive producer. Sharon Hoffman is supervising producer and writer. Jonathan Baruch and John Tomko are co-executive producers.
The deal is the latest broadcast script sale during the annual rush before pilot season, though the number of pickups has slowed considerably over the past couple weeks.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR