'CSI' Showrunner Sells Legal Drama to CBS
Exclu: CSI showrunner Carol Mendelsohn has sold another project to CBS.
After selling a crime show to the network last month, Mendelsohn has closed a deal for The Rainmaker, about a high powered lawyer whose wife dies, leaving him to struggle to balance his new role as a state prosecutor as well as a single parent. (And no, the project is no relation to the John Grisham legal novel of the same name).
CBS TV Studios will produce the project, with Julie Weitz joining Mendelsohn as executive producer. Sharon Hoffman is supervising producer and writer. Jonathan Baruch and John Tomko are co-executive producers.
The deal is the latest broadcast script sale during the annual rush before pilot season, though the number of pickups has slowed considerably over the past couple weeks.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- Robert Davi: Singing the Songs He Loves in a Place He Loves
- Sleepy Hollow's Tom Mison & Nicole Beharie Take San Diego Comic-Con by Storm
- Chloe Moretz Wins Fans Favorite Actress Award at Young Hollywood Awards 2014!
- Ian Somerhalder: 'The Vampire Diaries' Wins Best Threesome at Young Hollywood Awards 2014!
- Nikki Reed & Kellan Lutz Have a 'Twilight' Reunion at Young Hollywood Awards 2014!