Current TV Announces New Shows Not Featuring Keith Olbermann
See what else will air on the network's schedule this year.
A day after announcing a new partnership with former Countdown host Keith Olbermann, Current TV held its upfront presentation with advertisers in New York, unveiling several other new shows.
-- Man Vs. Earth, a one-hour special premiering in April. Explorer Sam Branson investigates the cutting-edge tactics scientists are using not only to predict but prevent natural disasters, from diverting hurricanes to quelling volcanoes.
-- 50 Greatest Documentaries, a five-episode series debuting in the third quarter. The show will count down the films that have helped shape the way we see our world over the last 30 years, including -- naturally -- An Inconvenient Truth, the Oscar-winning doc starring Current TV chairman/co-founder Al Gore.
-- Smoke Jumpers, a six-episode series premiering in the fourth quarter. It centers on an elite team of wildfire firefighters in the Northern Rockers.
-- Headlines That Shocked America, a five-part series premiering in the third quarter. The show will spotlight news events from the past 20 years.
Meanwhile, Olbermann is set to host a primetime news and commentary program for Current in a deal that also gives him an equity stake in the company and anoints him Current's chief news officer.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
What's Hot in TV
- David Lynch Thinks No One Will Ever Agree on What Eraserhead Is About
- Report: 7 More Actresses Are Being Considered for True Detective Lead
- My Father Was James Brown. I Watched Him Beat My Mother. And Then I Found Myself With Someone Like Dad.
- Abbi and Ilana Talk Cereal in This World Premiere of Their Web Series Hack Into Broad City
- Geoff Stults & Colin Egglesfield Go Shirtless at Nautica Triathlon!
- Lady Gaga Celebrates The Late Paul Horn with 'Nature Boy' Tony Bennett Duet - Listen Now!
- Kristen Bell & Husband Dax Shephard Look Perfect Together at 'This Is Where I Leave You' Premiere
- Rihanna Slams CBS For Pulling Her Song From Thursday Night Football Intro