The CW orders 'La Femme Nikita' remake
The French film "Nikita," about a young criminal who's trained to be an assassin by a top-secret government organization, was originally made by Luc Besson in 1990, then was remade in 1993 as a U.S. film starring Bridget Fonda called "Point of No Return." The story was then launched as a TV series in 1997 on USA Network.
"Nikita" will give The CW its first non-supernatural action-drama. In this version, Nikita goes rogue and a new assassin is trained to replace her.
McG ("Terminator: Salvation," "Human Target") will executive producethe "Nikita" remake, along with Peter Johnson and Craig Silverstein (episodes of "Bones," "K-Ville"),who will write and exec produce. The show is from Warner Bros. andWonderland Prods.
The CW is also ordering an untitled family drama set on a Wyoming horse farm that returns "Gilmore Girls" producing team Amy Sherman Palladino and Dan Palladino to the network.
The Wyoming project from Warner Bros. and CBS TV Studio.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR