The CW orders 'La Femme Nikita' remake
The French film "Nikita," about a young criminal who's trained to be an assassin by a top-secret government organization, was originally made by Luc Besson in 1990, then was remade in 1993 as a U.S. film starring Bridget Fonda called "Point of No Return." The story was then launched as a TV series in 1997 on USA Network.
"Nikita" will give The CW its first non-supernatural action-drama. In this version, Nikita goes rogue and a new assassin is trained to replace her.
McG ("Terminator: Salvation," "Human Target") will executive producethe "Nikita" remake, along with Peter Johnson and Craig Silverstein (episodes of "Bones," "K-Ville"),who will write and exec produce. The show is from Warner Bros. andWonderland Prods.
The CW is also ordering an untitled family drama set on a Wyoming horse farm that returns "Gilmore Girls" producing team Amy Sherman Palladino and Dan Palladino to the network.
The Wyoming project from Warner Bros. and CBS TV Studio.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)