CW Picks Up Drama Pilot 'Secret Circle'
The project, exec produced and written by Kevin Williamson and Andrew Miller, is based on the book series by "Vampire Diaries" author L.J. Smith.
The CW has picked up an hourlong drama pilot titled Secret Circle based on a book series by Vampire Diaries author L.J. Smith.
The project -- from Alloy Entertainment, Warner Bros. TV and CBS Television Studios -- is executive produced and written by Vampire Diaries exec producer Kevin Williamson and Andrew Miller.
It centers on a young girl who moves to a new town and discovers that not only is she a witch and part of a secret coven, but she’s also the key that will unlock a centuries-old battle of good vs. evil.
Elizabeth Craft, Sarah Fain, Leslie Morgenstein and Gina Girolamo also are executive producing Circle.
Williamson until very recently was working on a companion series to Vampire Diaries. But he recently told CW execs that he was too busy with his Diaries duties to flesh out the spinoff, according to published reports. He came on board Circle last month, working with Miller on the script.
Alloy and WBTV are also the companies behind Diaries. Circle marks the Alloy's fourth pilot pickup this season. It's also the sixth pilot pickup at the CW.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack