'Daily Show With Jon Stewart' Tops 'Conan' in January
Comedy Central’s The Daily Show With Jon Stewart is the most-watched late-night cable series, while TBS’ Conan still pulls more viewers in the 18-34 demo.
In total viewers, The Daily Show averaged 1.56 million while Conan placed second with 1.12 million. The Colbert Report (1.1 million) and Chelsea Lately (878,000) followed.
In the key 18-49 demo for January, The Daily Show placed first with a 0.78 rating (867,000). Conan O’Brien’s late-night talker was a close second with a 0.72 rating (811,000). However, in the 18-34 category, O’Brien proved victorious, earning a 0.93 rating (543,000), while Stewart drew a 0.88 (499,000).
Though Conan placed first in January for the 18-34 demo, The Daily Show was up 8 percent vs. Conan for the week of Jan. 24, averaging 1.74 million vs. 1.22 million.
The Daily Show was again tops for January in men 18-34 (1.18; 335,000) and men 18-24 (1.31; 156,000).
Comedy Central touts that The Daily Show has beaten Conan in total viewers and men 18-24 every week since the week of Nov. 29 and has been the top-rated late-night cable show in the key demo since the new year.
Compared with last January, The Daily Show is up 9 percent in viewership (1.56 million vs. 1.42 million) while Conan is down a tad compared with last year’s Lopez Tonight numbers (1.15 million vs. 1.12 million).
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws