'Daily Show' Vet Sells Family Comedy to NBC
Exclu: Daily Show regular and longtime producer Larry Wilmore has sold a family comedy to NBC.
The Emmy-winning Wilmore, who is sometimes billed as the "senior black correspondent" on the cable comedy news show, is developing a star vehicle at the broadcast network.
The pitch: Wilmore is the patriarch of a modern American family who become the subject of a British documentary.
The UTA-repped Wilmore already has a relationship with NBC; he's a consulting producer on The Office. His prior TV credits include creating The Bernie Mac Show, Jamie Foxx Show and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Last year he published a political humor book, I'd Rather We Got Casinos: And Other Black Thoughts and he recently appeared in Dinner for Schmucks.
3 Arts Entertainment is producing.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR