'Daily Show' Vet Sells Family Comedy to NBC
Exclu: Daily Show regular and longtime producer Larry Wilmore has sold a family comedy to NBC.
The Emmy-winning Wilmore, who is sometimes billed as the "senior black correspondent" on the cable comedy news show, is developing a star vehicle at the broadcast network.
The pitch: Wilmore is the patriarch of a modern American family who become the subject of a British documentary.
The UTA-repped Wilmore already has a relationship with NBC; he's a consulting producer on The Office. His prior TV credits include creating The Bernie Mac Show, Jamie Foxx Show and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Last year he published a political humor book, I'd Rather We Got Casinos: And Other Black Thoughts and he recently appeared in Dinner for Schmucks.
3 Arts Entertainment is producing.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum