'Daily Show' Vet Sells Family Comedy to NBC
Exclu: Daily Show regular and longtime producer Larry Wilmore has sold a family comedy to NBC.
The Emmy-winning Wilmore, who is sometimes billed as the "senior black correspondent" on the cable comedy news show, is developing a star vehicle at the broadcast network.
The pitch: Wilmore is the patriarch of a modern American family who become the subject of a British documentary.
The UTA-repped Wilmore already has a relationship with NBC; he's a consulting producer on The Office. His prior TV credits include creating The Bernie Mac Show, Jamie Foxx Show and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Last year he published a political humor book, I'd Rather We Got Casinos: And Other Black Thoughts and he recently appeared in Dinner for Schmucks.
3 Arts Entertainment is producing.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Emmy Rossum & Zoey Deutch Celebrate with Jimmy Choo at their CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Zoe Saldana Is Pregnant with Fear in 'Rosemary's Baby' Trailer!
- Television Legend Valerie Harper 'Absolutely Cancer Free' After Battle with Terminal Brain Cancer
- Keri Russell's 'The Americans' Renewed for Third Season by FX!