Darth Vader Super Bowl Commercial: Meet the 6-Year-Old Star (Video)
Max Page's mom jokes she "can't even comprehend" how many times the Volkswagen ad has been streamed on YouTube.
Max Page is the 6-year-old who plays Darth Vader in Volkswagen's Super Bowl commercial, which has been streamed more than 15 million times.
Page removed his mask on the Today show Monday morning with his mom, Jennifer, who explained that he first auditioned for the ad on Dec. 29, and was eventually chosen after several callbacks.
"It wasn't until halfway through filming that we found out it was a Super Bowl commercial. We were just thrilled," she says. "We just thought it was his first national commercial. I was like, 'whoa, this is out of this world.'
Page -- who has also appeared in spots for Walgreens and Clear Channel -- admits he's never seen Star Wars, but looked up a photo of Darth Vader online. He also acts on The Young and the Restless.
"I can't even keep up with the messages and the calls," says Jennifer. "It's just overwhelming. The first night, [online views] were at 60,000. I went to bed and the next morning it was at 1 million. My mind couldn't comprehend!"
Page also reveals he was born with a congenital heart defect, but is doing well after having a pacemaker put in when he was three months old.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR