David Hasselhoff roast boosts Comedy Central
The Hoff gave Comedy Central a turbo boost in the ratings.
The Sunday night premiere of the "Comedy Central Roast of David Hasselhoff" was the highest-rated cable show of the night among adults and the top show in all of TV among males 18-34, the network said Tuesday.
The 10 p.m. premiere drew 3.5 million total viewers (2.5 rating), 2.5 million viewers in the 18-49 demographic (2.2) and 1.1 million males 18-34 (or 3.7), Comedy Central said citing Nielsen Media Research ratings. That left the Viacom channel as the most-watched cable network of the night among males 18-34.
It also topped Comedy Central's highest rated and most watched week since October in the 18-49 and males 18-34 demos. Plus, the special helped make the evening its highest rated Sunday night among viewers 18-49 since April 2009.
Compared with last year's "Comedy Central Roast of Joan Rivers," ratings rose 18% in total households, 40% in the 18-49 demo and 77% among males 18-34.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR