David Letterman Isn’t Retiring - Yet
4:33 PM PST 2/4/2011 by Mark Cina
Exec producer: He was just "musing" when he said he's calling it quits in two years.
David Letterman fans, relax: The CBS late night host likely won’t be retiring in two years.On Thursday’s show, Letterman's guest Howard Stern asked him when he planned on calling it quits. “I don’t know. Maybe two years, I think,” Letterman responded. But Rob Burnett, CEO of Worldwide Pants and executive producer of the Late Show, tells The Hollywood Reporter, "It's a complete non-story. He's constantly musing about when he's going to leave." Burnett mentioned that Letterman made a similar remark in 1987. "It was not a thought-out response," Burnett tells THR. "It was an off-the- cuff remark. Dave is one of those guys who can choose when he wants to leave. Whenever he decides that, we’ll know. It's not going to be something ambiguous." As for Letterman's thoughts on Stern's harsh words for Jay Leno? "Howard's a great guest," Burnett says. "To some extent, you just sit back and let Howard do his stuff. He gets a huge kick of having him."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera