'The Defenders' Star Jerry O'Connell on Friday Slot: It Worked for 'Blue Bloods'
Moving to Fridays is often seen as a death knell, but Jerry O'Connell has a more optimistic outlook.
"CBS tends to do very well with Friday nights," The Defenders star told The Hollywood Reporter. "I know Blue Bloods has been there and done quite well."
The Defenders, about two Las Vegas lawyers, aired Wednesday nights at 10 p.m. last year and will debut in its new 8 p.m. time slot on Friday, Feb. 4. (Fox's Fringe is also making a pivotal move from Thursdays to Fridays beginning Jan. 21.)
"Our star is Jim Belushi, their star is Tom Selleck. I know they're like-minded," he said. "CBS knows what they're doing. I'm not going to tell them what to do. You know better than I do!"
Freshman family drama Blue Bloods has been a Friday night staple for the network, averaging 11.2 million viewers so far this season, while The Defenders averages 10 million on Wednesdays.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
What's Hot in TV
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch
- Ian Somerhalder & Nikki Reed Get Cleaned Up at Her House After Sweaty Workout
- Kit Harington & Nikolaj Coster Waldau Make Us Laugh With 'Game of Thrones' Bloopers Reel - Watch Now!
- Lea Michele & Boyfriend Matthew Paetz Roll Up Their Jeans For LAX Landing
- Channing Tatum Joins Rapper Biz Markie For 'Just a Friend' Performance During Comic-Con Panel - Watch Now!