'The Defenders' Star Jerry O'Connell on Friday Slot: It Worked for 'Blue Bloods'
Moving to Fridays is often seen as a death knell, but Jerry O'Connell has a more optimistic outlook.
"CBS tends to do very well with Friday nights," The Defenders star told The Hollywood Reporter. "I know Blue Bloods has been there and done quite well."
The Defenders, about two Las Vegas lawyers, aired Wednesday nights at 10 p.m. last year and will debut in its new 8 p.m. time slot on Friday, Feb. 4. (Fox's Fringe is also making a pivotal move from Thursdays to Fridays beginning Jan. 21.)
"Our star is Jim Belushi, their star is Tom Selleck. I know they're like-minded," he said. "CBS knows what they're doing. I'm not going to tell them what to do. You know better than I do!"
Freshman family drama Blue Bloods has been a Friday night staple for the network, averaging 11.2 million viewers so far this season, while The Defenders averages 10 million on Wednesdays.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR