'Dexter' Finale On Par With Last Year
The fifth season finale of Showtime's Dexter delivered a strong and on par performance for the drama.
A total of 2.5 million viewers tuned in Sunday night to watch Dexter match wits with motivational serial killer Jordan Chase, with an additional 400k viewers at 11 p.m. That matches last year.
Overall, season five will be the highest-rated season of Dexter to date, averaging 5 million viewers per week once all forms of viewership are counted.
After the fourth season's grimly nihlisitic closer, last night wrapped up the show's storyline on a downright sunny note. Here's a Q&A with executive producer Sara Colleton about the finale and more.
Also Sunday: Kate Gosselin and Sarah Palin joining forces on TLC gave Alaska a boost to 3.1 million viewers. That's only up 11% from last week, though, a pretty mild gain considering the pre-air publicity and Gosselin's normal star power on the network.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)